Central Wisconsin Community Action Council (CWCAC) provides housing, employment and homeless aid services to people in Adams, Columbia, Juneau, Sauk, Dodge and Waushara Counties. In 2007, they served 302 households, including 496 adults and 360 children.
Forward Community Investments loaned CWCAC $278,500 so that they could renovate a 16 unite Wyocena affordable housing development, Wynona Lake Apartments.
The renovations included updates that improved the standard of living
- New roofing and insulation to lower heating costs during winter months
- Upgraded mechanicals to increase operating efficiency
- Updated appliances in each apartment
- Replacement furniture in the community room that created a comfortable look and feel for the residents' weekly gathering area
"Financing from Forward Community Investments allows us to make a greater impact on low-income and no-income families in Wisconsin."
– Fred Hebert, Central Wisconsin Community Action Council