- CEI offers a variety of loans and equity financing for most businesses and housing
- Development Fund: targets innovative, job-generating natural resource based companies, and other quality employers throughout Maine for financing of up to $500,000 for job-generating Maine ventures.
- Enterprise Fund: allows financing up to $50,000 for small, micro, and self-employment enterprises.
- Housing Fund: provides pre-development and construction financing for rehabilitation and new construction projects that serve Maine residents with low incomes. Loans are up to $500,000 with flexible repayment terms.
- New Markets Tax Credits: financing program established by Congress in December 2000, gives individual and corporate taxpayers the opportunity to receive a credit against income taxes by investing in qualified investment entities.
- CEI Investment Notes: socially responsible investment opportunity for high-net-worth individuals and institutions.
- Venture Capital: financing is available through two for profit subsidiaries of CEI, CEI Ventures, Inc. (CVI) and CEI Community Ventures, Inc (CCVI).
- SBA 504: small business loans are packaged by CEI in guaranteed debentures up to $750,000 or 40% of the fixed assets of a business. These loans finance the need for property, land and equipment.
- Targeted Loan Programs: of CEI include the Fisheries Loan Fund, Sustainable Agriculture Loan Fund, Child Care Loan Fund, Assisted Living, and Green Fund.