Cooperative Coffees matches the green coffee needs of 24 owner-roasters with small-scale coffee farmer cooperatives; establishing direct, equitable fair trade relationships between these roasters and growers. CC strives to promote fair trade and sustainable development alternatives in both the North and the South, while continuing to sell the highest quality coffee on the market.
Members of CC strive to purchase from partner cooperatives, or from other like-minded, producer cooperatives in strict adherence to the following fair-trade criteria:
- Paying fair prices to the producers
- Offering support for cooperative workplaces
- Promoting greater consumer consciousness
- Encouraging environmental sustainability
- Providing financial and technical support
- Respecting cultural identity