#4 Pekini Street
Phone: _+995 32 212493
Credo's mission is to provide sustainable financial services to the entrepreneurial poor and to Georgian micro and small businesses with a preference for rural activities and those businesses that create income and employment opportunities for the poor. Its vision is to enable the poor to increase household incomes and reduce their vulnerability, enabling them to build a meaningful, sustainable and self-determined livelihood.
Credo is a micro lending institution which provides these products:
- Individual Urban Business Loans- Created for the independent Georgian entrepreneur for capital investment in a new business or ongoing business.
- Tourism Development Loans- A loan focused for businesses that deals only in Georgia's tourist market.
- Individual Agricultural Loans- Designed for the purchase of equipment and products.
- Leasing of Agricultural Equipment and Raw Materials
- Household loans- Established for the purchase of household improvements or additions.
Credo provides both urban and rural entrepreneurs with short and medium-term loans for working capital and fixed assets. It operates through 9 branches in Tbilisi, South, and West Georgia. The organization has 12,177 active borrowers of which 43% are women.
Since 1997, Credo has been providing small business loans to Georgian's entrepreneurial poor. Now Credo has an established portfolio of over $13 million USD. It has a strong client base, servicing more than 12,000 active borrowers with a 99% borrower repayment rate. The average loan size is more than $1,000. The borrow retention and excellent repayment rate is indicative of Georgian's entrepreneurial poor's successful business ventures.
Mr. Akaki Tsinadze went through numerous downturns in personal finance, but was able to maintain his entrepreneurial spirit. Mr. Tsintsadze was able to receive a loan from Credo to expand his first business- a contruction material retail shop. As his finances improved, he was able to open numerous businesses, where he provides other individuals with jobs and sources of income. His living conditions have improved in parallel to his financial growth. He now owns a flat, a car, is married, and has 2 children. In appreciation to Credo’s support, he has recommended more than 5 good clients to us. Full Story